What are Corporate and Business Disputes?
Corporate law (also “company” or “corporations” law) is the law of the most dominant kind of business enterprise in the modern world. Corporate law is the study of how shareholders, directors, employees, creditors, and other stakeholders such as consumers, the community, as well as the environment, interact with one another under the internal rules of a corporate atmosphere.
Business law encompasses the law governing contracts, sales, commercial paper, agency and employment law, business organizations, and property. Other popular areas include insurance, wills and estate planning, as well as consumer and creditor protection. Business law may include issues such as starting, selling, or buying a small business, managing a business, dealing with employees, or dealing with contracts, among others.
If you run a business, you know that disputes can arise from many facets of the daily life of your operations. You may have a dispute over a contract, a dispute between shareholders or partners, an issue with a patent, trademark or copyright, or one of myriad other legal issues. These problems are often frustrating for business owners — and they cost both time and money.
The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), which governs sales and commercial paper, has been adopted in some form by almost all states. There are agencies at the state and federal level that administer the law in such issues such as employment affairs and consumer and credit protection. The laws aims to protect fair business practices and due process rights for aggrieved workers and others.
The business litigation attorneys at Alliance Law Firm understand that you are looking for a solution to your legal problem so that you can move forward with your business. Our experienced attorneys can help clients with a broad range of business litigation matters because we are specialized in protecting your interests. Whether you are a small business or a large corporation, our attorneys and paralegals have specialized skills to assure your success.
Types of Commercial Disputes
At every stage of putting a business together, legal oversight and counsel is necessary. At Alliance Law Firm, our experienced Corporate and Business Law Attorneys assist clients with:
- Contract drafting, review, and disputes
- Intellectual property disputes, including trademark, patent and copyrights
- Shareholder and partnership claims
- Fraudulent transfer claims, including both actual fraud and constructive fraud
- Business formation, organization, and dissolution
- Licensing agreements
- Commercial Leases
- Non-compete agreements, such as covenants not to compete, restrictive covenants
- Tortious interference claims
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims
- Asset Purchase agreements
- Deceptive and unfair trade practice claims
- Sale of goods disputes involving the Uniform Commercial Code, or UCC
- Commercial real estate litigation, such as claims for failure to repay business loans, zoning disputes, breach of commercial lease, defense of premises liability injury claims
Position Your Business for Success
One call to Alliance Law Firm will help you set the course for prosperity this year and the vision of your company. Our goal is to resolve your business issues in a timely and cost-effective manner. We will analyze the facts surrounding your legal needs and research the law to determine the strongest legal position. Along the way, we will keep you informed about the status of your case and its likely outcome to help you make educated, rational decisions about how to proceed.
Call us at (561) 898-0351 for a free consultation.